martedì 12 luglio 2011

In the beginning there was the frozen food


Hi kitchen friends!

You all know the first post is always the hardest and this is no exception! The best to do to break the ice, is to start from the beginning, telling you something about myself. My story is the same as many of you: unstable work, not much money, but a strong passion for cooking (especially when you eat at the end! Yummy).

I’ve learned my way round the kitchen from an early age. I was driven by the desire to abandon the frozen and pre-cooked food my mother used to leave me for lunch (poor mum, how many times I must have complained, but I know you did your best!) I started cooking my first meals with questionable results at first, but you learn from your mistakes and as the motto says, “who endures wins”, I have persevered again and again, and have now become the reference point among family and friends when the mother-in-law invites herself to dinner.

Today, I want to start off this kitchen blog with three pearls of wisdom which inspire my life in the kitchen:
  1. No frozen pre-packaged foods or sauces: with a little organization and self-initiative all your meals can be "homemade".
  2. You do not need to be professional chefs to prepare tasty and delicious dishes (in Italian we would call these “manicaretti”). Cooking is a job for the brave, therefore, never be afraid.
  3. The secret ingredient to make a meal unique and special is always the same: the enjoyment and love for the people you are cooking for. If your guests are a pain in the arse, then just buy a rotisserie chicken! (If you happen to be in Italy you will find excellent ones in shops called “rosticcerie”)
I will be posting my recipes and wait anxiously for your comments, suggestions and delicious variations which I hope will be many.
Hugs

Claudia

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento